Blast from the past: Things I want to do before I die
Back in ’09 I made a Facebook note with a list of things I’d like to get done before I die. Let’s see how I’m doing so far:
Things I want to do before I die
August 5, 2009 at 11:34 pm
- Learn to play the piano. -not yet
- Live in a foreign country for some time (again). -still on my list
- Fix or tweak an electronic device at the component level. -does iPhone repair count? No, it does not, but it’s close. This needs to involve a soldering iron.
- Get involved with politics in a serious way (I mean like talking to congressmen and congresswomen, etc.). -Does tweeting Anthony Weiner count? THE GENTLEMAN IS NOT CORRECT IN RESIGNING OVER A FREAKING PICTURE OF HIS UNDERWEAR
- Write a song. -Seriously, did I add this to my list? I’m taking it off.
- Raise a child and teach said child multiple languages (programming languages included in there). -I need to acquire a child first. Anyone have one?
- Write some software for OS X. -Check! Mail.app plugins count!
- Write some software for a mobile device. -In progress
- Own a car that doesn’t run on fossil fuel. -No, but I’m up to having a diesel, and that has incredible efficiency. So that’s a good step toward that.
- Learn Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, French, or Icelandic. -Not yet. Anyone have any recommendations for one of these?
- Find the love of my life. -I’m going to cross this one off the list
- Make a web app. -Boo yeah! I even did it old school style, using only mod_python and coding the HTML and stuff by hand. Go me!
- Become well versed in queer theory. Bonus points if I get a master’s or Ph.D in queer theory (PS: I’m not sure what I will redeem the bonus points for when I’m dead)
- Acquire a soprano or sopranino saxophone. Bonus points for the sopranino because it’s more obscure.
- Acquire a house and apply some really strange customizations to it, because it’s my house, bitch.
Those last three were ad libbed by me just now. I figure at the rate I’ve been striking things off of this bitch, I’ll run out of things to do by the time I’m 30!