Since the summer time I’ve been a little up and down in terms of posting frequency. It seems like I do tend to post in bursts, sometimes having a streak of several days, only for this blog to go quiet.
I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing; I don’t think anyone actually is manually visiting the site to check for new stuff; if you’re interested, you’re subscribed somehow.
I write when I feel like I’ve got something to say, and I’ll usually queue it up to avoid clusters of posts.
I’ve had a bunch of Apple-centric posts lately, and that’s not even counting a handful I left as drafts. The company is huge; I could make entire blogs covering just specific topics of theirs. Plus, I’ve followed Apple for years, so I have a lot of context which allows me to make connections.
But this isn’t an Apple blog; it’s a blog about stuff I want to talk about, and I think Apple’s overrepresented here.
I continue to aim to have 100 posts by the end of this year. Some topics I want to explore:
- How I got into urban planning YouTube and how cool that is
- The radical utopian kinds of thinking I want to see in society
- More on fasting mimicking diets (I’m starting to do them every month or so now)
- Cooking (I’m gonna do the anti-recipe blog posts where I just tell the story but never actually get to the recipe, but I will work that much harder to make the writing entertaining)
- Probably more Apple shit
- The future of office work (particularly, remote work)
- Good work culture (specifically for teams that are making software)